Plug-in van grant
|Level of grant available
|Percentage of purchase price 1
|Maximum grant 2
|- Small vans, up to 2,500 kg
|- Large vans, between 2,500 and 3,500 kg
- The maximum percentage was increased with effect from 18 March 2021.
- The maximum available grant was reduced with effect from 15 December 2021; between 18 March and 15
December 2021 the maximum grants for small and large vans were £3,000 and £6,000 respectively.
The plug-in van grant should be available until April 2023, but with effect from 15 December 2021 it will be
available on the revised terms noted above, and will be limited to 1,000 van and truck grants per customer
From 15 December 2021, to be eligible for the plug-in van grant, a van must:
- be new, with a vehicle category of ‘N1’, ‘N2’ or ‘N3’;
- emit less than 50 g/km if it falls within category N1, whilst N2 and N3
category vehicles driven by hybrid, range extended or novel powertrains must meet or exceed Euro VI
emissions regulations and demonstrate significant, that is at least 50% less, CO₂ emissions savings compared
against a conventionally fuelled equivalent vehicle;
- must have a minimum zero emission range of 60 miles;
- be able to reach a speed of 50 miles per hour or more;
- have an appropriate 3 year/60,000 mile warranty, and 3 year battery and drive train (clutch,
transmission, drive shafts, U-joints and differential) warranty, with an option to extend the battery
warranty for an extra 2 years;
- have either a standard 5 year warranty on the battery and electric drive train, or evidence to show
reasonable battery performance after 3 years of use;
- comply with UN-ECE regulations to prove it is electrically safe; and
- have either a European Commission safety approval or acceptable evidence of levels of safety as judged
by international standards.
Orders made before 15 December 2021 will qualify for a grant at the rate in force when
the van was ordered, provided the claim has been correctly submitted to the Office for Zero
Emission Vehicles and the van is delivered within 9 months.